Home  |  About  |  PortfolioExperience  |  Services  |  Raves  |  Blog  |  Contact

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Why I love my career!

The tagline of Jean Marks Weddings is "...beside the bride to help as needed." I am encouraged to know that my being alongside the brides (and grooms!) who hire me is of great value to them. Their trust and appreciation, as exemplified in this blog post, are why I love my career!

For me, the most valuable part of helping couples plan their weddings is the warmth and friendship that develops between us as we work together to bring their wedding dreams into reality.

Recently I was encouraged, coincidentally all in the same week, by three of my wonderful Fall 2010 couples; each one reached out in different ways to say Thank You! I had fun taking photos of the gifts and cards sent to me, so I can always have the memories nearby!

First I received this lovely card from Christine and Steve, who were married in October at Allied Arts in Menlo Park; because Steve is from England and Christine has spent years living in the New York area, they are planning celebrations this winter/spring in both Cambridge and Upper New York State...I wish I could help plan those two, but the distance is a bit daunting!

Christine and Steve had a very personal wedding with elements of Christine's passion for music (she is a concert pianist), Steve's love of all things British (he graduated from Cambridge University), and their mutual enjoyment of fine California wine, "English" garden settings, and vintage cars. I will have photos from their wedding soon, and will create a blog to share their many wonderful details.



That same day I had breakfast in Palo Alto with Stacie, who was also married this Fall. She had mentioned that she had something for me, and when I saw her come in with a rose bush, ready to be planted, I was ecstatic! Stacie knows I love to grow roses, and that peach tones are my favorites (my logo has at its center a photo I took of a peach/yellow rose growing in my garden). It is especially endearing that Stacie chose this rose for me because Tropicana was her late grandmother's favorite rose. As Stacie gave the plant to me she said, "Now you can have something in your garden to remind you of Ronnie and me, and of my grandmother whom you never met." Wow, what could I say, except Thank You with a big hug, and a few tears of gratitude. The rose is already planted in it's own pot on my deck, so I can see it every day!
Please take a look at my blog post for a reminder of Stacie and Ron's Fogarty Winery wedding.

And at end of the same day there was one more amazing surprise from another Fall 2010 client: Felecia, who married Jim in October, asked Nancy Liu Chin, who designed the flowers for her wedding day, to create and deliver to me the arrangement and note pictured above; what a delightful and totally enjoyable surprise! Thank you Nancy and Felecia!
I placed the bouquet out on my deck, overlooking my recently pruned roses, to enjoy as I savored a cup of tea and thanked God for the opportunity I have each year to get to know such wonderful couples.
If you have time, check out my blog post about Felecia and Jim's incredible Treasure Island wedding celebration.

Now I am seriously involved in planning weddings for my 2011 clients; we are well on our way to creating life-long friendships as we partner to plan one of the most important events of their life together! I am sure it is evident why I love my career!

No comments: