Home  |  About  |  PortfolioExperience  |  Services  |  Raves  |  Blog  |  Contact

Sunday, March 21, 2010

It Was All Worth It!!

First Report from The Academy for Planners + Designers, March 14-16th, 2010:

They came, they learned/taught/laughed/shared, and now they are gone! I miss each and every attendee and speaker who made the Inaugural Academy for Planners + Designers the amazing success it was! I am so thankful to have been a part of this rich and multi-level learning opportunity.


Me, David Beahm, and Jubilee just after he spoke at the Four Seasons, SF

David Beahm, of David Beahm Designs in New York, was someone I connected with instantly the moment we first spoke on the phone in November, about his coming to SF as a teacher for our Academy. Our 3 days together served to strengthen and establish what will definitely be a life long, cross country friend ship. We all loved David!



Nicole Iverson from Swank Stems, Grace Ormonde, Holly Chappel, and Alicia Schwede from Bella Fiori Events before the Monday night Museum of Petals Dinner in honor of Grace Ormonde.

Because I was so busy, I was not able to take photos, so I am relying on the images shot by Holly Chappel, an amazing floral designer from Loudoun, Virgina, who has become a treasured friend! Thanks Holly for sharing your photos! Please check out her blog , A Full Bouquet, for an enthusiastic first-hand description of TAPD.

David Beahm describing a tent wedding and reception he planned and designed on an estate in New York.

Todd Fiscus, of Todd Events, introduced us to the amazing multi level design business he has developed in Dallas Texas. Please look at his website...his business is AMAZING, as is the website which represents it!


Rebecca Grinnals, of Engaging Concepts, is widely known as today's expert in wedding marketing; those of us who were a part of TAPD know that we could be with her for weeks, and never hear all the wonderful insight she has into the wedding industry. Thank you Rebecca for enlightening and encouraging all of us who serve our wonderful brides and grooms across the country.


I want to share one of the many emails Jubilee and I have received since the Academy concluded on Tuesday; this is why it is all worth it!!!!!

Greetings and salutations my fabulous ladies of Wedding360!


After eleven years of planning, producing and designing ~ I feel ignited, excited and passionate about my industry again ~ thanks to your vision and your line-up of stellar professionals whom I have admired for many years now.

Your staff was so warm and real and I wanted to take them all home with me! Thank you for the inspiration I hope to visit with you all again very soon. My heart is full of gratitude. Please stay in touch.

Warmest wishes,

Debra
Debra Michelle Hiebèrt

Event Designer and Producer
Tres Fabu Event Planning and Design

I will be doing several posts in the weeks ahead, sharing both up front and behind the scenes highlights from the Academy for Planners + Designers; but for now, I am focusing on my fantastic wedding couples for 2010...lots of exciting things to plan using all that I learned as a participant in the Academy for Planners + Designers!

No comments: