Home  |  About  |  PortfolioExperience  |  Services  |  Raves  |  Blog  |  Contact

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Academy launches!

As many of you know, last year I launched Wedding 360LLC, to produce Educational Programs for engaged couples and wedding professionals. My partner Jubilee Lau and I held the second Wedding University January 31st, 2010, at the Four Seasons, Silicon Valley, and now we are launching our Inaugural Academy for Planners + Designers, March 14-16th, at the St. Regis San Francisco.

We are busily preparing to welcome speakers, planners, designers and florists from across the country, Mexico and Canada this Sunday, for an over-the-top Welcome Party in the St. Regis Terrace Tent; this party will be the kick off for 2 full days of stimulating classes, elegant social events, and fantastic networking opportunities. By the way, if you know of anyone who may be interested in attending the Academy, they can still register here.

Abby Larson who, along with her husband Tait, will be speaking at the Academy, wrote a blog post recently which I am including here. I am so busy finalizing event details, I really appreciate other bloggers putting into words what The Academy for Planners + Designers will be providing:


I have put months of hard work establishing this business, because I believe 100% in education, and in the value of helping engaged couples feel empowered as they plan their wedding, not overwhelmed by all they do not yet understand about the process.The Wedding University was geared to that educational need; now I am excited to help wedding designers, planners and floral designers become even better at what they can offer engaged couples, by learning from those who are the experts, and want to share their expertise.

It all goes back to my tag line for Jean Marks Weddings: "Beside the bride, to help as needed." Whatever I can do to help engaged couples, and the professionals who serve them, feel more comfortable and competent with the wedding planning process, I want to provide that help. Wedding 360 is another way for me to reach out in support to the wedding community I love so dearly.

Please stay tuned for photos and memories after the Academy is a "wrap", on March 17th, 2010!

No comments: