Home  |  About  |  PortfolioExperience  |  Services  |  Raves  |  Blog  |  Contact

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oceano... new Destination in HMB

I have always relished my get-aways to Half Moon Bay, just 40 minutes from my home in Palo Alto; now I have a new and wonderful destination for my own R and R, as well as to recommend as a wedding location to my brides and grooms! Oceano Hotel and Spa, Half Moon Bay Harbor!


I am starting with the spa, because I plan to be a "regular" there when it officially opens later in the summer!

Elisheva Basseri, A Bride's Best Friend,
Beverly Yip, Especially Yours Chair Covers, and I were treated to lunch with the catering staff at Oceano, followed by a guided tour with Nancy Nerhan, Special Event Manager at Oceano, of the entire property, including the chic shopping "street", seen below, which...



...is now being filled with unique shops such as Savvy Skirts, a boutique owned by women and filled with items all created by women..savvy business women, thus the name, Savvy Skirts!


Nancy, Elisheva, Bev and I all found something to ooh and ahh about at Savvy Skirts...El and I left carrying bags of items we knew we needed for our wedding coordination work...such as the elegant fabric covered clip board we used the next day at my Casa Real wedding..(see next blog entry!)



After shopping the "main street", Nancy showed us the ceremony site outside the hotel... a beautiful spot protected from the wind in the quiet harbor, with a view of the water and the fishing boats moored in the peaceful village scene.



As a perfect ending to a wonderful tour, Nancy treated us to Gelato and Espresso in the Italian coffee shop, which is one of the charming treats awaiting guests at Oceano and the Harvest Harbor Shops.





Did I mention the yummy baked items which are available with the espresso and gelato????

Now I will give you an overview of our tour:

The hotel guest waiting room for spa treatments; Oceano's luxurious spa, is scheduled for a grand opening later in the summer.....we will all be there, as soon as the doors are officially open!


The relaxing lobby with its soaring ceiling and lots of natural light!


A "standard" guest room, decorated in sea foam green and beige...so welcoming and relaxing!


The entry area of the ballroom, where cocktail receptions can begin for wedding receptions; it can be used after dinner as a moonlit dancing floor!


The ballroom, where guests can be served an elegant wedding dinner.


Elisheva, Nancy, Jenn, me, and Beverly
We ended our tour in the lobby, promising to return soon to enjoy more time with new friends at Oceano, Half Moon Bay!

No comments: