Home  |  About  |  PortfolioExperience  |  Services  |  Raves  |  Blog  |  Contact

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Evelyn rose for you!


I would love to give everyone a tour of my garden this month, but I am planning to share its beauty with you by way of my blog.

Above is the Evelyn rose, the signature rose for Crabtree and Evelyn. This Old Garden Rose has an amazing scent....probably in the next few years someone will figure out how to share smells on-line, but for now, you just have to take my word for it!

The Evelyn rose, which resembles a peony in its fullness, is often included in bridal bouquets; in fact, I discovered how much I loved this rose while delivering a bouquet to a bride. The shade of peach, the fruit-like scent and the complexity of the petals, made this flower "jump out" at me.

Now, 5 years later, I have 2 very healthy and prolific Evelyn rose plants, providing flowers through out spring and summer; I love to share my roses with couples who come over for a wedding consultation, because it feels like I am offering the bride her first bridal bouquet!

Speaking of bouquets, tomorrow I am planning to create a bouquet for my blog, and for my dining table, which will incorporate all the different roses currently blooming in my garden...a May Day gift to you!

No comments: